ServiceNow Advanced System Administration
Best practices around a core set of ServiceNow applications are detailed and applied to course work. Attendees implement workflows and system enhancements to a ServiceNow system that has been in production for approximately six to 12 months.
A combination of course content and lab work helps attendees learn to:
- Capture class work in Update Sets to understand their purpose and movement
- Learn how access to data is controlled within the framework of ServiceNow Contextual Security
- Define Reference Qualifiers that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
- Implement a Web Services API REST integration and learn about the possible data paths into ServiceNow
- Coordinate service catalog elements, including user criteria, cart controls, and variables
- Create a Record Producer
- Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Define and use a database view as a report source, consider performance Best Practices, and try security controls that apply to reporting
- Set system controls that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
Attendees will receive theoretical knowledge in form of lectures, will complete a series of practical tasks, implement workflows and enhancements to the ServiceNow Now Platform.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators and consultants who maintain ServiceNow systems – in production for approximately six to 12 months – and who have successfully passed the System Administration certification.
Scripting in ServiceNow is highly recommended
Attendees must have passed the System Administrator Certification Exam.