ServiceNow Advanced System Administration
Best practices around a core set of ServiceNow applications are detailed and applied to course work. Attendees implement workflows and system enhancements to a ServiceNow system that has been in production for approximately six to 12 months.
A combination of course content and lab work helps attendees learn to:
- Capture class work in Update Sets to understand their purpose and movement
- Learn how access to data is controlled within the framework of ServiceNow Contextual Security
- Define Reference Qualifiers that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
- Implement a Web Services API REST integration and learn about the possible data paths into ServiceNow
- Coordinate service catalog elements, including user criteria, cart controls, and variables
- Create a Record Producer
- Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Define and use a database view as a report source, consider performance Best Practices, and try security controls that apply to reporting
- Set system controls that direct the right data to the right users at the right time
Attendees will receive theoretical knowledge in form of lectures, will complete a series of practical tasks, implement workflows and enhancements to the ServiceNow Now Platform.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators and consultants who maintain ServiceNow systems – in production for approximately six to 12 months – and who have successfully passed the System Administration certification.
Scripting in ServiceNow is highly recommended
Attendees must have passed the System Administrator Certification Exam.
The training will be run in English.
In case of any questions, feel free to reach out to our account manager:
See you at the training!